June, Hello! How nice of you to grace us all with your presence. LOL. Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like May flew right on by? My May goals have been sitting in my draft folder for the entire month! *inserts embarrassed emoji face* Big plans were in the works for May, but I to my dismay, I did not get to as many of my goals as I would have liked to. We all know how that goes, life happens.
Sometimes Things don’t go as planned…
To start this month off, I want to remind everyone that we are human. I know, I know. There are times where we have so many things to get done, we don’t have enough time and we start to be way too hard on ourselves when we don’t get everything done. As I’ve mentioned in a blog post before, things NEED time. Along with needing time, sometimes, things just don’t go as planned. Allow yourself time do accomplish goals, and don’t beat yourself up about it if you can’t get to all of them……June, that’s what we’re here to do!
My “Honey Do” List…to myself
1. 3o Minute Workout 3x per week– Ladies and Gentlemen, say hello to one of my biggest struggles yet! Before we start, don’t get me wrong, I love working out. Initially, my workouts were going good for a while but I slowly tapered off and haven’t been to the gym (or worked out in general) in weeks! *c’mon sad emoji face* This month, I am going to put forth more effort to carving out a minimum of 30 minutes to exercise my body. Eventually, I will be one of those gym rats that wake up at 5am to get a good workout in before I start my day.
2. DRINK.MORE.WATER– Okay, Okay! I know I need to drink more water. Water is roughly 70% of our bodies. Water is GOOD for us. I don’t really drink a lot of liquids. I’m not discriminating water but I just don’t like to drink it. Therefore, to help a sista out, I decided to get back into my infused waters-which I absolutely love. I actually made a blog post about my top favorite infused water recipes. You should check them out and tell me which ones are your favorite!
3. Being ON TIME– This is a little embarrassing, but this platform is where I share all of me (the good, bad and ugly) with my “Voice of Vera” family. Welp if you didn’t know, you do now! I am almost always late or rushing to get somewhere. Therefore, I’m going to try to prep at night and leave out about 1 hour before needing to arrive somewhere. I’m obviously still doing something wrong, but this will be the month we get it together.
4. Blog Consistently– My blog is doing well and I am absolutely loving all of the connections made with others through blogging. Initially, I was content with posting once a week but I have really gotten into my own “groove” together. As a result to meeting this goal easily, I am confident that I can post twice a week now!
5. Grow and Engage MORE– This is definitely the age of social media! I started a Facebook page for my blog, have been more active on Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter. Also, I plan to post my first Youtube video for the year! Therefore, if you all don’t mind, would you hit the SUBSCRIBE and Like buttons for my blog and Facebook. If you have a RSS feed as well, Please let me know as I would love to Follow back and engage with other bloggers.
Goals, Goals, and more Goals!
All things considered, I am quite excited for June. While, I didn’t achieve all of my goals last month, as long as the Lord blesses me with another day, I will work, work, work, work, work *RiRi voice* towards them going into this new month. June, lets be LIT together. Ok?
Since I’ve shared my goals with you, tell me what do you all have planned for this month? Let me know below. I know I can’t be the only person that loves to set goals and hit them! #goaldigger