Monthly Goals: Hello June! Lets be Awesome Together

June, Hello! How nice of you to grace us all with your presence. LOL. Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like May flew right on by? My May goals have been sitting in my draft folder for the entire month! *inserts embarrassed emoji face* Big plans were in the works for May, but I to my dismay, I did not get to as many of my goals as I would have liked to. We all know how that goes, life happens.

Sometimes Things don’t go as planned…

To start this month off, I want to remind everyone that we are human. I know, I know. There are times where we have so many things to get done, we don’t have enough time and we start to be way too hard on ourselves when we don’t get everything done. As I’ve mentioned in a blog post before, things NEED time. Along with needing time, sometimes, things just don’t go as planned. Allow yourself time do accomplish goals, and don’t beat yourself up about it if you can’t get to all of them……June, that’s what we’re here to do!

to do list

My “Honey Do” List…to myself

1.  3o Minute Workout 3x per week– Ladies and Gentlemen, say hello to one of my biggest struggles yet! Before we start, don’t get me wrong, I love working out. Initially, my workouts were going good for a while but I slowly tapered off and haven’t been to the gym (or worked out in general)  in weeks! *c’mon sad emoji face*  This month, I am going to put forth more effort to carving out a minimum of 30 minutes to exercise my body. Eventually, I will  be one of those gym rats that wake up at 5am to get a good workout in before I start my day.

2. DRINK.MORE.WATER– Okay, Okay! I know I need to drink more water. Water is roughly 70% of our bodies.  Water is GOOD for us. I don’t really drink a lot of liquids. I’m not discriminating water but I just don’t like to drink it. Therefore, to help a sista out, I decided to get back into my infused waters-which I absolutely love. I actually made a blog post  about my top favorite infused water recipes. You should check them out and tell me which ones are your favorite!

3. Being ON TIME– This is a little embarrassing, but this platform is where I share all of me (the good, bad and ugly) with my “Voice of Vera” family. Welp if you didn’t know, you do now! I am almost always late or rushing to get somewhere. Therefore, I’m going to  try to prep at night and leave out about 1 hour before needing to arrive somewhere.  I’m obviously still doing something wrong, but this will be the month we get it together.

4. Blog Consistently– My blog is doing well and I am absolutely loving all of the connections made with others through blogging. Initially, I was content with posting once a week but I have really gotten into my own “groove” together. As a result to meeting this goal easily,  I am confident that I can post twice a week now!

5. Grow and Engage MORE– This is definitely the age of social media! I started a Facebook page for my blog, have been more active on Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter. Also, I plan to post my first Youtube video for the year!  Therefore, if you all don’t mind, would you hit the SUBSCRIBE and Like buttons for my blog and Facebook. If you have a RSS feed as well, Please let me know as I would love to Follow back and engage with other bloggers.

goals quote

Goals, Goals, and more Goals!

All things considered, I am quite excited for June. While, I didn’t achieve all of my goals last month, as long as the Lord blesses me with another day, I will work, work, work, work, work *RiRi voice* towards them going into this new month. June, lets be LIT together. Ok?

Since I’ve shared my goals with you, tell me what do you all have planned for this month? Let me know below. I know I can’t be the only person that loves to set goals and hit them! #goaldigger

Love Always,

Vera

Share:

31 Comments

1. June 2, 2017 / 8:47 am

Yes, May flew by like it was nothing.. Like, wait a minute chil’!!! LOL

• June 6, 2017 / 11:30 pm

Exactly!!! I need the clocks to just slow down lol

2. June 6, 2017 / 9:23 pm

I love how real your goals are! All great things to work on! I’m excited to see your YT video…best of luck with everything this month!

• June 6, 2017 / 11:31 pm

Thanks Tatiana! Hopefully I can get it posted this week. I hope your months goes even better than planned!

3. June 6, 2017 / 11:26 pm

I know you can do it! We can always do anything that we put our minds to. It’s nice that you’re squeezing in a workout as well! That’s tough when your schedule is jam packed but you’re definitely going to get used to it eventually when it’s part of your routine. Remember, it takes 21 days to get used to a habit! Water is definitely important as well! I love that you’re motivating yourself with the help of infused water.

• June 6, 2017 / 11:31 pm

This is right Karen. I like the way you think! I absolutely love infused water. Enjoy June babe. I pray it treats you well!

4. robin rue
    June 7, 2017 / 4:56 am

You are going to kill those goals this month. It sounds like they are all really reasonable and you will rock them.

• June 14, 2017 / 2:42 pm

Thanks for the positive vibes Robin! They are reasonable. I had to stop getting outrageous with my expectations and take things slow.

5. June 7, 2017 / 8:06 am

I think June is going to be a good month! I have some similar goals to you, and I plan on just focusing this month and really working towards when needs to get done.

• June 14, 2017 / 2:40 pm

Me too, Jessica! So far, so good. I hope your month is gong well!

6. June 7, 2017 / 10:10 am

Great goals. I need to start organizing my closets. They are out of control and I am putting them to the top of my to-do list this month.

• June 14, 2017 / 2:41 pm

Thats good! Once I got my storage areas organized, it really helped calm my anxiety.

7. June 7, 2017 / 12:52 pm

Your goals are well constructed and achievable and you will benefit from them. Drinking water is so important and a healthy goal to pursue.

8. June 7, 2017 / 1:20 pm

I am there with you on drinking more water! I am making myself do it. Infused water recipes are so helpful though, heading over to check those out now!

9. June 7, 2017 / 2:30 pm

I have the same exact goals for the month, I never drink enough water or blog consistently enough. Time to get it done! Best of luck for June.

10. Jeanine
    June 7, 2017 / 4:57 pm

what a great idea I need to make one of these lists for myself and my husband! I can’t wait to tackle some of the things I need to get done this month, I just need to sit down and plan it all out.

11. June 8, 2017 / 2:31 am

Infused water is an awesome way to convince yourself to drink more! I think it’s great that you’re focusing on your health this month. I am too. We can all do this and I’m sure we’ll feel better by the end of the month! Keep going!

12. June 8, 2017 / 8:03 am

It’s great to have goals and to strive to be better but it is also important to remind yourself that we aren’t superhuman and you’re right, it does take time to achieve things so I think you should be proud of what you did achieve this month!

13. reesa
    June 8, 2017 / 9:51 am

Best of luck on reaching your goals! What a great way to keep yourself accountable too!!! I need to drink more water too and I would love to try the infused idea!

14. June 8, 2017 / 3:24 pm

I love the motto, “Do something every day that moves you closer to your goals.” Not only is it super smart, but also helps motivate you to do something no matter how big or small.

15. June 8, 2017 / 3:25 pm

May did fly by so quickly. This year seems to be going so fast that I often feel I’m not getting as much accomplished as I should. I think setting small goals is a great way to work towards the bigger ones.

16. June 8, 2017 / 6:48 pm

So true, things don’t always go as planned but it is helpful to have a to-do list! I think I might just steal yours, it’s just that good lol

17. June 9, 2017 / 5:58 pm

I am right there with you on the working out and drinking more water. Those have been my big goals all year.

18. June 10, 2017 / 12:02 pm

I really can’t believe it’s June already! Time really flies so fast. I’m so excited because June is my birthday Month!

19. June 10, 2017 / 9:06 pm

What great goals!!! I’m all about the water too!!! I’m always trying to drink more of it. It’s so good for you

20. June 10, 2017 / 9:11 pm

Drinking more water is so important. It keeps you hydrated, helps flush out toxins, and helps to make you feel full and not snack so much! I try to drink a gallon a day!

• June 14, 2017 / 2:44 pm

It does. I have definitely been drinking a lot more water this month.

21. June 11, 2017 / 6:13 am

Have a great June, hoping always for the best for you! Great that fitness is really on the top and that surely will enable you to the rest of the list! Great surprises for us all this month!

• June 14, 2017 / 2:43 pm

Thanks Donah. I hope June is treating you well so far! I agree that fitness is very important. I usually get more tired when I dont work out.

22. June 12, 2017 / 1:03 pm

You have some great goals set! I am trying to work out on a consistent basis as well and have set a goal for myself! I hope I can do it!

• June 14, 2017 / 2:42 pm

You can do it!! Speak it into existance Amanda!