Winter, I have such a love-hate relationship with you. But, since I was tagged by local blogger friend Cicely, of Girl Goals, to answer 15 “Winter Favorites” questions, I can confidently say that you aren’t so bad. I must say, however, I may have a few new products to try out after reading some of her responses. So, Here we go!
Let’s Dig In!
1. What’s your favorite holiday tradition? My favorite holiday tradition would, hands down, have to be baking cookies with my grandma. We were both avid bakers (probably where I get it from) and would bake various types of cookies for church, neighbors, family, strangers- you name it!
2. What is your favorite go-to lippies? In the winter, I tend to stray away from most of my matte lipsticks (I struggle with dry lips, yall). Last winter I picked up a few Urban Decay Vice lipsticks that I have fallen in love with and also picked up a few more shades on Thanksgiving. So far, I’m obsessing over the shades Menace, Disturbed and 1993.
3. What is your favorite winter scent? (perfume, candles, etc.) OMG! This absolutely makes me think of the Bath and Body Works three-wick candle sales. I love to fill the house with candles all the time, but during the winter I usually love pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and nutmeg. This holiday scented candle is perfect because it’s affordable, cute and its votive can be repurposed once you’re done with the candle.
4. What’s your go-to winter fashion trend? Fur, FUR, F-U-R!!! Once it starts getting cold I get fur crazy. Seriously, if I were Oprah, I’d be tossing fur vests and coats at everyone saying, “You get a fur…You get a fur…oh, and you get a fur too!” I am not even joking. I’m so serious that if I wear heels, I often pick some out that have fur on them.
Shop This Look Here:
5. What is your favorite holiday movie? While You Were Sleeping is my favorite holiday movie HANDS DOWN! I used to watch it all the time with my mom back when I was younger so it’s very nostalgic to me nowadays. I actually have a full list of my favorite Christmas Movies here.
6. What is your favorite holiday tune? Hmmm. I think my favorite holiday song would have to be “Give Love on Christmas Day” by Jackson 5.
7. Do you prefer to travel or stay home? I would love to travel more, in general. But for the Holidays I love to stay home. I actually love to stay home so bad that I literally don’t want to leave the house. My ideal holiday would be hosting a dinner at home for my family and friends.
8. What’s your winter skincare must have? Even though I don’t show much skin in the winter, I feel like it gets even dryer so I HAVE to stay on top of moisture. My staple winter skincare must have is coconut oil. That’s right, cold pressed, unrefined coconut oil. I use it in the shower after I rinse off my body wash. Then I grab a towel and pat my skin dry and viola.
9. What is your favorite winter haircare product? Focus on moisture is a MUST for me, especially in the winter. I try to deep condition as often as I can. Lately, I’ve been loving the Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Masque. Since using it I have noticed less breakage on wash days and my hair feels a lot softer.
10. What is your favorite winter activity? This is easy. Amazon Video and Chill!
11. What is your favorite winter beauty product? I have way too many to choose for this winter favorites tag. *sigh* But I guess I will go with the Modern Renaissance Palette from ABH.
12. Love or hate the snow? Snow, snow go away! Come again…..never!
13. What is one item on your wish list? A new desktop computer. (I sure hope the hubs reads this…fingers crossed.)
14. Favorite holiday treat? Lé Pumpkin Spice Latte. I drink it until its no longer available.
15. Do you finish your holiday shopping before December or are you a last minute shopper? I don’t really go all out for the holidays but I did get my crumb snatchers a little somethin’ last month. I think they got a peek into the closet yesterday though, so I better get to wrapping them up.
Well, looks like issa wrap for majority of my winter favorites! Thank you so much for stopping by and taking some time to get to know me. I am now going to tag two of my favorite blogger babes to see what their responses will be. Check their winter favorites out below!